Monday, December 29, 2008

Anybody Tired?

I absolutely LOVE Christmas!! It is my favorite time of year.  But those of you who are around my age can probably identify with this.  I sorta woke up to the fact that I am becoming the President of the Christmas season.  You know kinda like the head PTA mom...except there were no elections.  I just realized that Christmas is now whatever I make it.  

It used to be my grandmother.  Then the torch was passed to my mom.  And now suddenly, without warning...I am running through this season with this Christmas torch that I never campaigned for.

I did all the preparations.  I did all the cooking.  I did the shopping and wrapping.  Need I make a list?  You already know.

But guess what!!  I had the best time of my life!!  It hit me around 5:00 pm on Christmas Day that I was having the season of my life!!  It hit me that I was all grown up now and perspectives and priorities had changed without me even working on it.  It just happens.  Now, it is MY joy to watch everyone eat the food I have prepared.  Now, it is MY joy to watch as they open presents.  Now, it is MY joy and fulfillment to put my head on my pillow...finally...and smile with a warm fuzzy feeling down deep in my heart, knowing that I did something that REALLY matters.  I created a moment in time that will be logged in tomorrow's sweet memory book.

Anybody tired now?  I am.  I will sleep very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment