Monday, December 15, 2008

The Morning After

This weekend was another remarkable weekend.  Last night was our annual Winter Wonderland Christmas concert.  The choir was so incredible!  Our guest soloist, Gene Moore, from Houston, Texas was simply phenomenal.  My dad (Pastor Murrell Ewing) was awesome, as always.  The kid's performance of Christmas Around The World was so adorable.  My friend, Loida Howell, came in to perform her fabulous Creative Worship and rocked the house as usual.  Our Eastwood Quartet (oh how I love quartet music) did a great job.

Just wanted to mention that some very special people were in attendance last night.  One of my very best friends for life, Julie Finical (and her husband Tony), was there.  My one and only first cousin, Dana Clark Heinen (and her husband Mark and their son Will), was there.  Our city mayor, Mr. Randy Roach, honored us with his presence.  And then, all the way from Baton Rouge, the "President of the Vonnie Lopez Fan Club", Tina Timoll and about eight of my sweet friends came to the concert.  (Note for sensitive readers: The whole "fan club" thing is just an inside joke :-)  

And then at last I must give credit to my dear friend, Shelly Buller, for pulling stuff together like only she can.  If anyone reading this is getting married...you will want Shelly to help you! She is so awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment