Monday, October 25, 2010

GRADUATION

It happened. It really happened. I'm not shocked he made it, cuz he got his daddy's smarts and school was always a breeze for him. But my amazement came in how fast the time went right by me. It seems like last Saturday I was chewing my fingers, screaming at umpires, and eating tums for the ulcer at his Little League baseball games. How could he be 8 last Saturday and 18 today?

For the record, I am so very proud of my son. I am proud of the mountaintops and successful achievements...yes. But I am also very proud of the valleys and the failures he had the strength to get up, walk away from, and begin again. Wow! What a great accomplishment!

He makes me laugh. I love his jokes. I love when my phone lights up with his picture to let me know he's calling. I don't care why, I just love the sound of his voice.

This is my son...in whom I am well pleased. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I am so with you...missing my son who is away at college. Blessings, Tina Fleetwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, another milestone. Yvette Williams .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear your heart. Obie has just 2 more years and CeCe follows right after him. It's heard to believe my little ones have grown so fast and taller than me. Glad my baby Giana is only 8. Where are my little ones who fell asleep on my lap every evening just a few pages into the story? A new chapter awaits for us all.
    Love you,
    Gloria U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonnie he is a great young man. He is upstairs at my house right now. He is an awesome young guy. Our family and our church family loves him.

    ReplyDelete